Teacher Under Construction: Student Op-Eds on Teach for America
For the past couple months, I’ve seen an increasing number of student op-eds being submitted to university newspapers. In honor of our Students Resisting Teach for America campaign led by Students United for Public Education, I figured it’d be useful to compile a list of these articles. Feel free to check them out and share! Make sure to check out our campaign website and our Facebook page to learn more.
- 2\4\14: University of Texas, “Teach for America can’t offer real solutions to educational inequality” by Lucy Griswold.
- 2\2\14: Ohio University, “Teach for America not best option for future educators” by Matt Farmer
- 11\25\13: Princeton University, “Beyond TFA” by Claire Nuchtern
- 11\5\13: Columbia University, “Superman is not coming” by George Joseph
- 10\23\13: Harvard University, “Don’t Teach for America” by Sandra Korn
- 10\10\13: Skidmore College, “Consider Before Applying for Teach for America” by Olivia Frank
Am I missing any? Please share link below and I’ll be sure to add it on. Thanks!
This blog post has been shared by permission from the author.
Readers wishing to comment on the content are encouraged to do so via the link to the original post.
Find the original post here:
The views expressed by the blogger are not necessarily those of NEPC.